What do employers look for when evaluating candidates for positions?
All employers want to know:
- Can you do the job?
- Will you do the work?
- Will you work well with colleagues?
Most employers have identified common characteristics they look for in ALL candidates. These generally include:
- Oral/Written Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Organizational Skills
- Computer Skills
- Ability to Work in Groups/Group Dynamics
- Willingness to Take Risks
- Critical/Creative Thinking
- Positive Attitude
- Leadership Ability
If you can convey these characteristics to the employer throughout the interview, you are one step closer to a successful job search!
Please see pages 12-15 in the PDF guide for sample evaluation forms.